Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Black Tie Send Off

I will admit it. I love getting dressed up. I love buying dresses that look like a million dollars and paying only $30 for them at Marshalls ;) When Annie came to visit we found such a dress. But alas, the summer had passed and I had not been able to don my newest evening wear. Leaving the next day, I told my Mom I really wanted us to do something as a family that would allow me to wear my dress. As the day progressed I began to see plainly that going to a concert or show or even out to a fancy dinner wasn’t going to happen. So I did what any 23 year old would do and convinced my whole family to get dressed up for a black tie evening of dinner and dancing at Chez Piaskowy, a.k.a. our humble abode. Only a few skeptical looks and a minor protest ensued before the remaining four Piaskowys at home put on our black tie attire and convened in the dinning room to indulge in salmon wonderfully prepared by the in house chef, Madame Piaskowy. The sparkling grape juice was just strong enough ;) to set the mood for a mini dance party in the living room. Hits such as Sweet Caroline, Life is a Highway, Shake It and Don’t Stop Believin’ made for the perfect soundtrack to memorable dancing!

The things my family does for me… Photos of the dress inspired black tie send off.

No comments: