Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It’s a bird, it’s a plane…

So before I made the clichéd, “big move out west” I had a wonderful opportunity to enjoy some to Chicago’s best offerings. I headed out to watch the air and water show with Lil on Friday afternoon. It was amazing. I had seen bits and pieces of the show in years past, but to sit and watch it from the start was really impressive. Watching the Navy SEALS parachute from 12,000 feet towing the American flag truly filled me with such pride in my country. I also got to visit my three other favorite places before I left… One, the Chicago Shakespear Theatre on Navy Pier. Lil, Joj and I all watched a very clever, creative and well done version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Two and three, the Art Institute and the Shedd Aquarium, both of which Lil and I ventured to see on a Thursday evening. The line to get into the Art Institute was long, but not nearly as bad as what Annie and I waited in to see the MoMa for free in NYC. Note: Pay the money and go to museums when there isn’t a mob of people. You will enjoy it more. Promise. The Shedd Aquarium visit followed the Art Institute and was short and sweet. Lil and I met up with our friend Raj and mingled through an “Ivy Plus” crowd at Jazzin’ at the Shedd. As Lil put it… Princeton gatherings are okay, Ivy gatherings get a bit weird and Ivy Plus gatherings definitely border on awkward. Regardless, I love beluga whales.

Chicago Captured :)


No comments: