Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult

This is the book I chose to start reading before I left. It is about a family facing difficult times and even tougher decisions. One daughter is sick with a rare form of leukemia. The other daughter, engineered to be perfect donor match for her sister, struggles with her role in keeping Kate alive and her own ambitions. The book is told in the first person with the author taking on the persona of each character in various turns. It is a wonderfully written story that will challenge each reader in a different way. There were parts that made me want to cry, parts that made me laugh, and parts that made me thankful I was not in Anna’s position. It didn’t help my emotional state that the mother of the family going through these trials was named Sara… In any case, I highly recommend it. (Recommended to me by the Illustrious Leanna. Shout out to Ouagadougou!)

No comments: