Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Somebody pinch me…

I fit my life into five pieces of luggage and boarded the airplane. Sure, I could have probably filled a minivan of my things, but after traveling to Africa with only two suitcases having five cases seemed like luxury. I am into this minimalist living at the moment. I have decided Sara and clutter are not friends. It is hard, but I am trying to keep things limited… Anyway, the point of this entry is simply to say, I Love Stanford. Sarah picked me up at the airport on Saturday night and the next three days felt like I was at club med. I ran some errands, got settled in, went rock climbing at the gym, and swimming in the most gorgeous pool I have ever seen. I took the train into San Francisco and met with a water official for the city who I had been working with through IWA. It is great to still be so close to a major city! The mountains surrounding campus as a backdrop still seem unreal to me. Growing up in the Midwest landforms like that take some getting used to. Walking out of Target and glancing up to see palm trees literally took my breath away and I realized life in California is going to be more than okay.

No comments: