Monday, September 22, 2008

Wrapping it up. Southeast Asia. Check.

On the last day of the course there was a nice little pizza party for the whole group. The pizza was good, but what was even better was that we hatched an idea to hold a digital camera scavenger hunt. I came up with the list of tasks and had help assigning point values. We broke up into 3 teams and had 2 hours to roam downtown Singapore taking wacky and fun pictures. Maybe when I get pictures from the people who brought their cameras I will post a few. After the hunt we all went out dancing. There was live band playing who happened to hail from the bay area. Small world! Good times. Good friends. The next day most people left to fly back to CA. I, on the other hand, had one more day to explore this small island nation. I met up with a Princeton friend who is in the NYU Asia film program in Singapore. We were on the crew team together freshman year and it was just really nice to see a familiar face and fun to get a tour around the school and see what a production set look likes, ect. From there I went to Sentosa. Sentosa is like the Singapore version of Disney Land, but for adults. There are several beaches, shows, and activities. The best part is there is a monorail and whimsical music is piped in to make it feel even more surreal. After sufficiently taking in the scene at Sentosa I ventured to Little India. Frankly, I was not super impressed so I took some photos and moved on to Chinatown. Much more interesting both visually (better for taking pictures) and gastronomically. I was also able to get dinner and buy some souvenirs. From Chinatown I walked to the central nightlife hangout. My plan all along was to take night pictures at Clarke Quay. And take night pictures I did. A few photos from my day and more from the night are below for your viewing pleasure. Having a tripod unleashes the possibility for long exposure photos and a whole new world of fun!



The flight back was all in all pretty unimpressive and even disappointing given the plane I had for the 11 hour leg of the trip was like from 1989... No seat back entertainment, and just old. In other news, I bought a new laptop off of Craigslist which I picked up when I arrived back stateside. It's a Toshiba. Brand New :) The other one I bought never came. I got my money back, but my frustration was never compensated for so I am still a bit bitter towards buy.com.

I’m at Stanford now and happy to finally be back into some semblance of a stable life. Who am I kidding? Readjusting has been tough, but my first day of class was today so now all I have to do is get moving on the work that lies ahead of me. More from Palo Alto in weeks to come.

p.s. The jetlag from this trip finally caught up with me on Saturday. It was a beast. I think I am better now ;)

No comments: