Monday, September 22, 2008

Pulau Perhentian Kecil :) Island Paradise.

KL was nice. However, my goal was to get to one of the take-your-breath-away beautiful tropical islands in Southeast Asia. I succeeded in this goal by taking an overnight train from KL to Kota Bharu. It was all-around not a bad experience. It was a bit creepy, but I was able to sleep a little with my bags secured with me in bed ;) From there I split a taxi with two other island visitors and we made our way to the “ferry” to take us to the island. It was really just a speed boat. But they can call it a ferry if they want to… In any case I finally made it to the Perhentian Islands. I stayed at a place called the Moshin Chalets. The dorm was pretty sketchy in general, run down, and aged in many ways. But for only $20 a night I was not going to complain. Everything else on the island was way more expensive and just as rundown. It was ridiculously beautiful on this island. White sand beaches, warm blue waters of the China Sea…no land in sight. It was great. I went on a nice snorkeling trip the second day I was there. I got terribly sunburn on the back of my legs and back. Sad, and painful! Especially when you have to haul your back pack around. In general, I was unimpressed with the food and without anyone else to enjoy this amazing place with I decided to move on. I did meet some nice people while I was there, but they were all a little too free spirited for me. We had a fun volleyball game one evening though, so all was not lost. AND the place I stayed had free wireless in the restaurant in the evenings so I was pleased.

Anyway, here are pictures from Pulau Perhentian Kecil. Pretty.

No comments: